Under Canon's environmental vision "Action for Green," we aim to cultivate a society that achieves harmony between a Prosperous Lifestyle and a Healthy Environment. Toward this end, we are developing highly functional products that have a reduced environmental impact at every stage of the product lifecycle. As one example, our Environmental Frontrunner Project, which focuses on developing eco-friendly products, is supported by the Canon Group and our business partners. The imageRUNNER ADVANCE series of networked office multifunction printers represent the results of this initiative. These products incorporate an array of eco-friendly technologies*.
* Technologies differ depending on model.
- We were the first in the industry to use a bio-based plastic made from plant-derived materials for the exterior parts of our multifunction printers. This innovation has helped to reduce CO2 emissions.
- Canon's on-demand fixing technology, which is designed to use energy only when during printing, dramatically reduces power consumption.
- Plastics collected from Canon products are reused in new products.
Canon aims to expand its line of environmental frontrunner products to include multifunction devices, printers, and other product areas.
* Featured products may not incorporate all of the technologies introduced.