Canon Group Environmental Charter
The charter addresses the theme of maximizing resource efficiency from the dual approaches of environmental assurance and economic activities, considers overall product lifecycles, and clearly sets forth environmental assurance activities for the entire group.
Achieve corporate growth and development while contributing
to the prosperity of the world and the happiness of humankind.
Environmental Assurance Philosophy
In the interest of world prosperity and the happiness of humankind,
pursue maximization of resource efficiency, and contribute to the
creation of a society that practices sustainable development.
Fundamental Policies for Environmental Assurance
Seek to harmonize environmental and economic interests in all business activities,
products and services (the EQCD concept); offer products with lower environmental
burden through innovative improvements in resource efficiency, and eliminate
anti-social activities that threaten the health and safety of mankind and the environment.
|Companies are not qualified to manufacture goods if they are incapable of environmental assurance.|
|Q: Quality||Companies are not qualified to market goods if they are incapable of producing quality goods.|
|C: Cost||Companies are not qualified to compete if they are incapable of meeting cost and delivery requirements.|
- Optimize the organizations for promoting the Canon Group's global environmental efforts, and promote environmental assurance activities for the Group as a whole.
- Assess the environmental impact of entire product lifecycles and explore ways to minimize environmental burden.
- Promote the research and development of technologies and materials essential for environmental assurance and share the achievements with society.
- Comply with all applicable laws in each country/region and other requirements the Canon Group agrees upon with stakeholders, and promote energy and resource conservation and elimination of hazardous substances in all corporate activities.
- In procuring and purchasing necessary resources, give priority to materials, parts and products with lower environmental burden.
- Establish an Environmental Management System (EMS) and establish and periodically review environmental objectives and targets to prevent environmental pollution and damage, and steadily reduce environmental burden.
- Actively disclose to all stakeholders information on environmental burden and keep them updated on the progress of environmental measures.
- Raise the environmental awareness of employees and educate them to take the initiative in environmental protection.
- Maintain close relationships with governments, communities, and other interested parties, and actively support and participate in environmental protection activities.