News Releases | Archive 2013
September 24, 2013
CANON, HP, SAMSUNG AND XEROX LAUNCH ALLIANCE
TO DRIVE SIMPLE MOBILE PRINTING
Mopria Alliance addresses customer and industry need for simple, standardized, brand-agnostic mobile printing
San Ramon, California, September 24, 2013Canon, HP, Samsung Electronics and Xerox today launched the MopriaTM Alliance, a global non-profit membership organization formed to promote, simplify and increase accessibility of wireless printing from smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices.
The Mopria Alliance aims to bring together the mobile, software and print industries with the goal of aligning to standards that make printing universally compatible from any mobile device to any printer anywhere. The Mopria Alliance will focus on:
- Breaking down barriers between brands by eliminating the need for users to download multiple print drivers
- Creating a bettereasier and more accessibleuser experience for mobile printing
- Introducing the Mopria brand and using the brand as a vehicle to educate consumers and businesses on the ease-of-use of mobile printing
- Influencing the development and adoption of standards for mobile printing
- Providing an open environment and tools for software developers to incorporate print into mobile applications
By standardizing mobile printing technologies, the Mopria Alliance will enable mobile app developers and other industry players to focus resources on innovation and new features beyond maintaining basic print functions.
For more information on the Mopria Alliance and its supporting partners, visit the Mopria Alliance website.
# # #
This news release is being issued by the Mopria Alliance, of which Canon is a founding member.