Scholarship Support through Incorrectly Addressed Postcards
Canon has collected incorrectly addressed and unused postcards from Canon Group employees and, through the Darunee Scholarship Program of NGO Minsai Center Japan, provided scholarship support to children in Thailand and Laos for whom it is difficult to attend school.
Conducting Visiting Lectures
In Japan we hold lectures on crafts and experiments for children.
Charity Book Fair
Held once a year since 1997, the fair takes the form of an in-house bazaar featuring books, CDs and DVDs donated by Canon Group employees throughout Japan. The proceeds, with matching funds from the company, are donated to education and medical assistance programs in Asia.
Tag Rugby Class
Tag Rugby is a program where the staff and players from the Canon Eagles volunteer as coaches to teach children the sport.
Supporting Utsunomiya University Center for Optical Research & Education
Canon Inc. is providing capital funding and educational support for Utsunomiya University's" Center for Optical Research & Education", which has been set up with the aim of developing technologies for future optical applications and to educate engineers for the optical engineering industry of the future.
Offers Learning Support Programs for Children
Canon Inc. offers environmental, science and handicraft classes for children. Canon has developed original teaching programs such as printer disassembly and lens cfrafting to enable children to sutudy and learn through interesting and enjoyable experiences.
- August 2014 Lens-making Classroom Held at the Monodzukuri Taikan Stadium Event
- March 2013 Lens-making Classroom Held at the Monodzukuri Taikan Stadium Event
- February 2012 Canon “Lens-making Classroom” at Monodzukuri Taikan Stadium
- February 2012 Educational Program Class: “The Color-production Systems of Cameras and Printers”
- October 2010 Canon ran a “Lens-making Classroom” at the Science Museum
- August 2010 Canon took part in the Monozukuri Taikan Stadium event
Canon Foundation in Europe
The Canon Foundation in Europe was founded in 1987 to foster mutual understanding between Japan and Europe. The foundation continues to support scholars and scientists. Professor Sir Richard Friend of the University of Cambridge was invited for the fourth invitational lecture in 2010.
Canon Hope Elementary Schools
In 2007, Canon (China) formally signed an agreement with the China Youth Development Foundation to support the construction of three "Canon Hope Schools".
Since 1995, Canon Dalian Business Machines, in suport of the Project of Hope (a program helping economically disadvantaged children to attend school), has been making contributions that include office equipment and capital funding for school reconstruction. Programs of this sort enable the company to provide educational support.
Canon Friendship School Chain Project
The Canon Friendship School Chain Project is a social support initiative that builds schools and fosters an educational environment for children living in mountainous areas of Vietnam and other regions of the country. Over the past four years, the program has so far provided support to 16 schools.
"Canon Cup" Japanese Speech Contest
Since 1990, the People's Government of Dalian and Canon have jointly hosted this speech contest to train personnel who can act as a goodwill bridge between China and Japan. We celebrated the contest7s 20th anniversary in 2009.
Environmental Education Traveling Class: “Recycling Things Based on their properties”
This program enables school children to learn the importance of recycling and how to efficiently sort materials for recycling by teaching them about the recycling of used toner cartridges from laser beam printers.
Environmental Education Traveling Class: “Used Ink Cartridge Collection and Recycling”
This class lets children have fun using Canon products while learning about the collection and recycling of used ink cartridges
- February 2015 Saitama Municipal Omiya-Nishi Elementary School
- September 2014 Saitama Municipal Tajima Elementary School
- August 2014 Ota Municipal Michizuka Elementary School
- March 2014 Saitama Municipal Nisshin Kita Elementary School
- November 2013 Saitama Municipal Kamiochiai Elementary School
- November 2013 Saitama Municipal Uemizu Elementary School
- September 2013 Saitama Municipal Tajima Elementary School
- June 2013 Saitama Municipal Kawai Elementary School
- March 2013 Saitama Municipal Nisshin Kita Elementary School
- July 2012 Saitama Municipal Tsuchiai Elementary School